Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV-TV in Reno, NV has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Managing Editor to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy.
The ideal candidate will produce daily newscasts and oversee production of newscasts and special programming. You will work closely with the other producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Managing Editor will lead by example.
- Lead and direct news assignments and digital content
- Manage, supervise and train Digital Content Producers
- Special projects as assigned
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Organizing and assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Expert knowledge of websites, content management systems, social media platforms, and personal social media usage
- Experience in television news gathering and logistical planning
- A strong team player who can inspire teams to achieve a shared goal
- Experience in creating and executing full-scale digital campaigns with social media and web
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of AP Style
- The ability/willingness to be work a flexible shift including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field
- Experience in social media with at least one (1) year in a leadership role
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
|Apply Online URL: